Week 27 of my 2018 London Marathon Journey

What an eventful week it has been! After enjoying a week's annual leave from work, my penultimate day of being 20 was an interesting one.

After getting out of bed to go to the bathroom, I found myself on the floor with Mum and Dad telling me not to move. I had somehow blacked out and collapsed, falling straight to the floor and hitting my head on the way. It took me a couple of minutes to remember that I had gone to get out of bed and that I wasn't dreaming. A call to 111 advised a trip to a&e and after finger pricks, blood pressure, blood tests, an ECG, chest x-ray and a once over, I was deemed fit and healthy to go home with an explanation of a drop in blood pressure causing the calamity of events. On a positive note, the Doctor had no concerns over my running the marathon in 2weeks time. I can always rely on Dad to be there at the finest moments of my life with his camera ready. I think my face sums up my feelings of having to have blood taken from both arms after the doctor figured she was using a needle way too big for my little veins.

A couple of days doing nothing and I'm feeling absolutely fine albeit very bruised - I still think I will be able to run though very soon!

Today, I have so far enjoyed a very chilled 21st birthday with breakfast at The Ivy and am now looking forward to spending the rest of the day with family and friends.

Big thank yous to all of the Doctors and nurses at the RUH for looking after me and to Jade for making my incredible birthday cake!

With only 14days to go until the big day,  you can still sponsor me if you would like to via my JustGiving page: https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/LivLukerLondonMarathon2018.

Together, we can continue the conversation about mental health.

























Comments

Popular Posts