Week 26 of my 2018 London Marathon Journey

And just like that, I am apparently as ready as I will ever be to run the London marathon. 26weeks of training increasing the distance of my runs week on week is over. I don't actually know how I've survived but one thing is for sure, I am glad for now that it is over. I am welcoming my taper with open arms, being able to enjoy shorter runs to keep my legs ticking over for the next 3weeks.

Yesterday's run didn't quite go according to plan. My last long run was supposed to be three and a half hours long but after running from home into and around Bath City Centre, I was so close to getting the train home; I was cold, wet and very very grumpy. After trying to convince myself to continue, I made that phone call I never thought I would.... 'Mum, can you and Dad come and pick me up?' Mama Luker tried her best to encourage me to continue running but my stubborn ways meant I was having none of it.

After getting home and back into bed to warm up, I was adamant that I was no longer going to run the marathon because I'm just not good enough. It's so hard when a bad run just makes all of the other hard work you've put in seem so irrelevant.

Anyway, today I've thoroughly enjoyed indulging in easter treats and napping. I am so tired and my knee hurts, so fingers crossed some icing sessions will put it right.

Exactly 3weeks today I will have finished the Marathon (hopefully!) and have done my bit to help raise awareness and continue the conversation around mental health. If you would like to sponsor me or share my story please do so by visiting my JustGiving page: https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/LivLukerLondonMarathon2018

Let's hit my target of £1750.

Happy Easter y'all

~ Distance clocked up this week: 11.18miles
~ Accumulative distance run so far: 281.58miles

Comments

Popular Posts