The 2018 London Marathon

After months of training through the winter and having official half marathons cancelled because of the snow, it was just my luck that April 22 was in the middle of a heat wave.

It has taken me a while to even consider writing this blog and even now, I am unable to comprehend and put into words how incredible The London Marathon was. It is still yet to hit me that I am a London Marathon Finisher and I'm not sure it will for a while yet. Even though I made sure I enjoyed and savoured the experience as much as I could in-between running and trying not to melt, a clear recollection of the entire day's events is still hard to piece together.

Instead of trying to put the day into words, I will leave you with some pictures which capture just how amazing the atmosphere was and if you ever have chance to run or spectate at the event, YOU MUST!!!

A big thank you to Team Luker for being the best cheerleaders on the day. You definitely could not go unnoticed and there would be no prize for guessing you were related to me! I am so glad I got to spend the day with all the people who came to watch as well as the added bonus of unexpectedly seeing uni pals on the way round.

Back in October I thought a fundraising target of £500 would be a push but over £2200 later and the donations keep coming. My JustGiving page is open until 22 May so if you would like to make any last minute donations they would be very much appreciated.

...And finally... yes, I will be one of the hundreds of thousands applying for the London Marathon 2019 on Monday!

Big thanks for following my journey and helping to raise lots of money for Heads Together.

2018 Marathon Runner Liv Over 'n Out


Comments

Popular Posts