Week 25 of my 2018 London Marathon Journey

This week I feel like I have totally smashed my training plan even if my mental health hasn't been the best.

Yesterday, I nailed 17.03miles in 3hours, which is a potential marathon time of 4hours 37minutes which would be the dream. Using a run-walk strategy of 50minutes running, 10minutes walking seemed to work very well giving me an average pace of 10minutes 34seconds a mile - I'm v happy with that!

Surprisingly I don't ache too much, just little niggles in my knees which is to be expected with the longer distances. I've managed to go shopping so things cannot be that bad!

Next week will be my last long run before my taper begins. I'm not sure I can quite comprehend how far I have come with my training. Never in a million years did I think I would be able to run 5k, let alone 17miles. Being able to finish the London Marathon in 4weeks is now starting to seem achievable.

With time running out, it would be great to obtain as many additional sponsors to those already received via my JustGiving page to help raise as much money as possible for Heads Together to continue their brilliant work raising awareness and reducing the stigma surrounding mental health.
https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/LivLukerLondonMarathon2018 

Let's hit my target of £1750.00

~ Distance clocked up this week: 27.08miles
~ Accumulative distance run so far: 273.40miles








Comments

Popular Posts