Week 22 of my 2018 London Marathon Journey

Today, I was meant to complete my first official half marathon but the weather obviously had other ideas and put pay to this with the race being cancelled on Friday. It’s hard to imagine that only two days ago I was surrounded by 15cm on snow and today the sun was shining with not even a patch of slush insight. Not letting this setback put pay to my training regime, I ran a very hilly half marathon… or so I thought. Being a donut, I thought 13.1miles was 21.8km when in actual fact it’s 21.08km. An extra 0.5mile never hurt anyone.

Calculating my average pace, my half marathon time would have been 2hours 21minutes. Not bad considering the hilly terrain of the pavements in my town. Hoping for an easier and quicker run in London on the flat course.

Forward planning and taking the day off work to recover from the Bath Half means my weekend continues tomorrow with a much longed for lay in and I’m sure brunch with my parents will also be on the cards - something The Lukers do best.

It’s great to see so many Team Heads Together runners smashing their training and completing their half marathon races across the country today. Can’t wait to be running the streets of London with them in 48days.

~ Distance clocked up this week: 13.6miles
~ Accumulative distance run so far: 242.82miles

If you would like to sponsor me, my JustGiving page can be accessed via the following link: https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/LivLukerLondonMarathon2018 



Comments

Popular Posts