Week 19 of my 2018 London Marathon Journey

Not much to report for this week other than being tucked up in bed and wiped out ill. As expected, I haven’t run... I think I would have keeled over if I had and that wouldn’t have been much use. 


To make sure I’m 100% better I’m going to save running for the weekend, although with BathHalf just around the corner, my training will start to taper over the next few weeks to ensure my body isn’t worn out when I get to the start line. Even though I haven’t run in a couple of weeks, I’m not worried as I have run half marathon distance a couple of times and am using it mainly as training event to get used to running with other people and practice fuelling strategies on the way round. 

Best to get all the coughs, colds and illnesses out of the way now rather than further down the line and closer to marathon day. 

Highlight of the week... eating cake for Mama Luker’s birthday. 

With 10 weeks to go, if you would like to sponsor me, you can do so via my JustGiving page: https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/LivLukerLondonMarathon2018 


Comments

Popular Posts