Week 14 of my 2018 London Marathon Journey

When most people are starting their marathon training after an indulgent Christmas, I'm putting my feet up. Not out of choice but it is what the doctor has ordered.

Nailing 13.91miles on my last run of 2017 and 4 days walking or more like hobbling around Euro Disney was obviously too much. After paying a visit to A&E and having an x-ray, I was diagnosed with a stress fracture and ligament damage to my left foot.  While this isn't the best of news, the good news was that I was in and out in under an hour - what a miracle!

Two weeks of rest was the advice I was given so I have another week of not really knowing what to do with myself. I'm glad I started training early so I have plenty of time to make sure I'm fully recovered before I start building up the running again, but in the meantime, plenty of strengthening exercises for me. Who would have thought running would have become such a big part of my weekly routine so quickly?!

After returning to work for the first week of the new year, everybody needs parents like Mama and Papa Luker who drive 2 hours on a Sunday morning to take you out for breakfast. After spending such a lovely day with them and Ella, Team Luker did their first good deed of the year by buying a homeless man a bag of grocery shopping for him and his dog. It amazed me that such a simple act of kindness can make you feel really good and appreciate everything that you have. A feeling that wins by a mile over buying a new Mulberry any day.

Hope the first week of 2018 has been successful and not too many resolutions have been broken already... I've managed to write my placement year dissertation proposal in all the spare time I currently have of an evening.

Liv
~ Distance clocked up this week: 0.00miles
~Accumulative distance run so far: 180.08miles

Comments

Popular Posts