Week 8 of My 2018 London Marathon Journey

Progress has been strong even with no training last week due to the sickness bug.

It has been very refreshing putting my running shoes back on and hitting the road. Having been training now for 8 weeks, I have subconsciously begun a competition with myself, comparing the distance I have managed to run in the same time from previous sessions. I guess this is just my competitive nature but it also lets me see the progress I am making. 'I'm not competitive' said no Luker ever!

Having not previously been a runner, covering 16km yesterday in 1hour 45minutes was an incredible achievement that I am proud of. Just 5.09km off half marathon distance...fingers crossed I hit that next week.

Even though it has recently got a lot colder and the coziness of my bed and being inside seems far more inviting than the great outdoors, once up and out the cold air and sunshine makes the training worthwhile albeit very sleepy after a run.

I'm literally counting down the days left at work until Christmas (19 to be exact). I will be welcoming the ability to stay in bed in the morning that little bit longer, especially as I have been waking up at 4am all week which has made it super hard to get up when my alarm goes off and has resulted in one grouchy Liv.

Hope you're beginning to get into the festive spirit.

Liv

~Total distance clocked up this week: 17.05miles
~Accumulative distance run so far: 92.53miles

As ever, if you would like to sponsor me in running the London Marathon, the link to my JustGiving page is: https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/LivLukerLondonMarathon2018





Comments

Popular Posts