Week 3 of my 2018 London Marathon Journey

Week 3 has not been the best week. It’s been a week of feeling a bit meh. A few dark days have made training  difficult as coming home from work has resulted in climbing into bed for the night.

My gym sessions and dance classes were put on hold this week and even though I was feeling rubbish and lethargic I still forced myself to run, albeit not as well as I had wanted to.

I cut Wednesday’s run short, bad weather directed me to the treadmill in the gym and I soon came to realise that running outside is so much better. With little motivation and the safety of my bed  calling, 30 minutes was enough and the other 20 minutes would have to wait.

After work on Friday I drove home for the weekend. Some much needed TLC from Mama and Papa Luker and a good nights sleep in my own bed was long overdue after galavanting for the past couple of weekends visiting pals. Running against Storm Brian on Saturday was interesting and realising that where I live is actually not as level as I remember meant I didn’t cover the distance I normally would on the mainly flat route I run beside the beach; but I managed to complete the full duration of the session which was an improvement on Wednesday.

A good couple of hours Saturday afternoon singing Disney Frozen songs, decorating gingerbread biscuits and being taught some mixed martial arts by my little friend Elsa (3) was more than enough entertainment to alieviate my frustration.

Work is going to be hectic next week, especially with being up in London but my training schedule is a lot lighter.
This will be a God send after swapping one set of orthotic insoles for my memory foam ones thinking they would be more comfortable to run in.
Oh, how very wrong I was-as I am now the sorry owner of 2 very large blisters on the arches of both feet!!!! Let’s hope they heal quickly because I know they are going to become the bane of running.

I’m hoping next week will be a little bit better but for now I’m just looking forward to brunch at Cafe Lucca and my chocolate and avocado milkshake from BTP.

Sending happiness to everyone
Liv x

~ Total distance clocked up this week: 10.06miles
~ Accumulative distance run so far: 32.44miles

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/LivLukerLondonMarathon2018








Comments

Popular Posts