Week 1 of my 2018 London Marathon Journey

Applying to run the 2018 London Marathon seems like a distant memory back when I was frantically revising for my summer exams. A much needed revision break and inspiration from watching the documentary series 'Mind Over Marathon' lead me to the site.

With over 346,000 applications for the event, I didn't think I had a chance of getting a place through the ballot entry and when the first week of October came, I checked my phone in hope of receiving a congratulatory email...but nothing. I was sat at my desk on Tuesday afternoon, when Mum messaged asking if I had applied for the London Marathon because there was some post downstairs for me. After she decided to read it properly, we figured that I had been successful in the ballot and would have the opportunity to be part of such a big and challenging event. Only later was I told that it was almost recycled immediately as she thought it was just junk mail... just imagine!

As someone who likes to be as prepared as possible for almost everything, even though I don't think anyone will ever be prepared to run over 26 miles,  now was the time to commence training. 

Factoring running 3 times a week into my busy schedule of placement, gym sessions and Dance classes would be interesting but exciting. As well as the physical side to it, after much deliberation I decided to write about my own personal experience with mental health and publish it on my JustGiving page. While I was dubious about this initially, I am so glad that I have shared my story to help reduce the stigma surrounding mental health.

With Week 1 of training completed and some new additions to my gym wear collection, I am feeling very determined to see this through to the end and can't wait to start seeing myself improve over the coming weeks and months. I am already proud of what I've achieved in my first week, let alone what I will achieve in the future months to come.

If you would like to sponsor me in running the 2018 London Marathon, you can donate via my JustGiving page: http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/LivLukerLondonMarathon2018 

Hope you've had a good week.

Much Love

Liv xoxo

~ Total distance clocked up this week: 7.16miles


 
              

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts