Week 2 of my 2018 London Marathon Journey

Week 2 of my Marathon training is complete and what a week it has been!

Since publicising my JustGiving page and sharing my story about mental health issues on Wednesday, I have found the influx of support and messages of encouragement overwhelming. After opening up about my own personal struggles, I was shocked by the number of family friends and people who I have grown up with who have shared that they have also suffered or are currently battling with the broad range of difficulties that fall under the umbrella of 'Mental Health'. This just confirms that the whole purpose of me running for Heads Together to help eliminate the stigma surrounding mental health has already had a positive impact on those around me allowing them too to open up and share their experiences.

While the responses I have received have only been positive, I still feel very vulnerable knowing that everyone now knows what I've been going through. I guess this is just part and parcel of being brave and sharing my story as for me to let my guard down and let people in is a very big thing - if I could be Superwoman, I would be! That being said, Mama Luker always tells me "Those who mind don't matter, and Those that matter don't mind" and this has really helped me this week!

I would like thank everyone who has taken the time to read my story, message me and make donations, it means the world. I am amazed that I have already raised over 90% of my initial target, excluding gift aid in less than a week (including donations that have been sent via cheque), so now I hope to smash my target over the coming months in the run up to the event!

Training this week has been good, living close to the beach definitely has its perks. Just 2 weeks in, it is already that little bit easier- maybe my new custom fit running trainers have something to do with that! I'm looking forward to running again next week, even though a potential business trip to London may make things a bit more difficult or just give me some different scenery to look at when running.

If you haven't yet read why I am running the marathon or would like sponsor me, you can do so by visiting my JustGiving page: http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/LivLukerLondonMarathon2018

I hope you all have a great week,

Much Love

Liv x

~ Total distance clocked up this week: 15.22miles
~ Accumulative distance run so far: 22.38miles






Comments

Popular Posts